A new report has revealed that Beijing has the maximum number of rich people in China. The latest Hurun Report on China’s wealthiest people said that there are 143,000 (yuan-)multimillionaires and 8,800 billionaires in Beijing. In Shanghai, there are 116,000 multimillionaires and 7,000 billionaires, reports the China Daily. The report also sheds light on how the super-rich in Beijing want to live their lives. A wealthy Beijing resident for example would have to spend at least RMB87 million on property, cars and other luxury goods to get into the report’s good books.
They have at least three dwellings of their own, including a villa, like the 400-sq-m Ziyu Shanzhuang villa costing 24 million yuan, a luxury apartment in the downtown area for work purposes, and a Siheyuan courtyard house probably in Houhai. In terms of brands, the Hurun Report notes that Beijing’s rich prefer Cartier to Louis Vuitton.
“During the past several years, the complexion of the rich in China has changed in many aspects. Many of them say they want to be a sort of upper class, rather than only being rich,” said Rupert Hoogewerf, founder and publisher of the Hurun Report. The Hurun Report also defined the upper class in five other cities: Shanghai, Hangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu and Shenyang. China has 825,000 individuals worth more than 10 million yuan and 51,000 individuals with more than 100 million yuan, according to the report. 1 Chinese yuan (RMB) = 0.146 U.S. dollars
Perfect Knowledge is a private company that offers a private fixer service to VIP’s, senior executives and ultra high net worth individuals (UHNWI). We provide a discreet service that manages private and personal affairs on behalf of our clients. Our focus is to ensure total privacy for the individual or organisation at all times. Our services are aimed at private banks, offshore trusts, celebrities, royal family management, private families and discerning individuals where money is no object and discretion is paramount.
- Arab billionaires’ wealth rises to $121bn in 2011
- Lifestyle Fixers
- World’s most expensive car number plates
- World’s most expensive row of houses goes on sale with a total value of £400m
- The World’s 20 richest people
- In search for the private fixer delivering ultra luxury to the wealthy elite
- The most expensive flat in history british brothers sell Monaco penthouse La Belle Epogue for a cool £200 million pounds
- Ten Most Expensive Divorces
- Mega Hotel complex opens in the Muslim holy city of Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
- Billionaires Row: Top 10 most expensive streets in the world